Welcome to Sky Haus
My name is Tom and I'm here to help make your stay at Sky Haus as convenient and fun as possible. Below are a list of frequently asked questions including the wi-fi password, how to contact us, directions, and more. If there is a question that isn't answered below, please contact us by text/phone call (949-903-6255).
CHECK-IN: NO EARLIER THAN 4PM
CHECK-OUT: NO LATER THAN 11AM
12202 762nd Ave NE
SKYKOMISH, WAY 98288
The entrance to our private cabin community, Timber Lane Village is located between mile marker 50 and 51 off of HWY 2. Look for the Timberlane Village entrance and turn in. Take a right once you pass the main entrance. We are down the road on the right side. Look for 3 A frame cabins in a row, Sky Haus is the one on the left.
KEY ACCESS ONCE YOU GET HERE
The combination to the key lock box is 6789. The key box is mounted to the left of the front door, you can't miss it.
- The wi-fi network is SKY HAUS and the password is skyhausguest
- To use the fireplace, use the thermostat mounted to the wall in the kitchen only. It will automatically turn on/off based on the temperature you select. Please do not attempt to manually operate the fireplace.
- Hot Tub: Please keep the lid closed when not using, do not attempt to adjust the temperature, it's in the locked position, please try not to track pine needles and stuff into the hot tub. Please skim the hot tub prior to checking out if you've used it.
- If you need to take out the garbage please place it in the labeled garbage cans outside. Make sure you tie your garbage tightly and put the lid on tight so you don't attract bears.
- There is a small BOSE stereo system with device hookup (headphone jack) use AUX.
- Bring firewood if you plan to use the fire pit. There are a ton of places on the way to pick up a bundle (The closest place to the cabin is Sky Gas in Skykomish, 1 mile away). Might not be a bad idea to pick up some fire starters as well.
- Fresh towels & linens will be all set for you.
- Take shorter showers and wait approximately twenty minutes between each shower. The hot water tank isn’t very large.
- In the shower, the handle direction for hot water is to the left, rather than the right, as you might expect. Also, finding the comfortable temperature between hot and cold is a narrow margin, so ensure your temperature is comfortable before you step in.
- The kitchen is fully stocked, just bring food!
- There is always plenty of TP and paper towels on hand. So no worries there.
- The stove cooks HOT. If a recipe calls for a certain temperature, consider dialing the temperature back about 50 degrees and monitor. Also, the front left burner is not operable.
- Leave the bathroom exhaust fan on all the time.
- The middle ceiling fan setting is best to maintain efficient warm airflow throughout the cabin.
- In back of the outdoor shed there is an open covered storage area. You may want to use this for short-term storage if you have outdoor items. There is a lightswitch behind you at head level as you step in.
- The switch to the outdoor deck light is to the far right when standing on the deck facing the cabin.
- We like to maintain a shoes off policy in the house.
- The sofa in the living room is a hide-a-bed.
- SAFETY: Be careful on the loft stairs! Please don't let kids play on the stairs or leave them unattended in the loft area. The stairs are steep, please walk up and down the stairs forward-facing, like a ladder.
SUMMER SEASONAL ITEMS
- If you plan to go hiking make sure you pick up a Discover Pass. More Information
- BURN BANS - Make sure you check! Here is a link to the Ranger Station about 1 mile from the cabin. Or, call them at (360) 677-2414. I hear it from the community homeowners association if other residents see my guests burning.
WINTER SEASONAL ITEMS
- If there is snow or a chance of snow, your guests must park only in DESIGNATED AREAS ALONG THE ROADWAY because of the snowplow (there are roadside signs indicating snow parking). If you park in a non-designated area, your vehicle could get blasted by snowplow snow, blocked in and/or towed. There is a strict parking policy in the community. We get charged $50 per vehicle that's parked alongside the cabin which we will pass on to you. Our driveway can hold about 2-4 vehicles, anything more than this needs to park in a designated area to avoid us getting in trouble with the homeowners association.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please check out by 11am.
- Turn the thermostat down to 60 degrees.
- You must do all of your dishes and put them away (The cleaning company is there to sanitize and change linens, not to clean up after our guests.)
- Please skim the hot tub if you've used it. Thanks!
- If you used the grill, please give it a quick brushing.
- Place all garbage in the large garbage cans outside.
- Put any toys, DVD's, records or board games back in their cases/boxes, etc. and stored back where you found them.
- Please make sure all curtains are closed and doors locked when you leave.
- If check out procedures aren't followed, the cleaning company will charge us extra and these charges will be subtracted from your deposit :-(
- Text me at 949-903-6255 once you've checked out! Thank you!!
THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH US!